Klaus Thurner was born in 1948 in Innsbruck, Austria. After finishing school, he started studying vocational school, which he finished with a final exam. Already from a young age, he has had a strong relationship with art, which he wanted to further develop at the Academy of Fine Arts in Zurich. Although he did not finally finish his studies, he still devoted himself to art. He attended various courses and painting seminars, researched and tried different techniques of acrylic painting, and cultivated his original way of understanding the world and its perception. The painting has become more and more intense for him. In 2005, he graduated from the course in watercolour painting and nude drawing by Prof. Dr Erich Schranz. He has participated in several solo and collective exhibitions not only in Austria but also abroad. His paintings are kept in private collections, as well as public institutions.
Klaus Thurner views himself as a self-taught person who perceives painting as a fascinating and exciting play of colours and shadows. To be always observing and exploring the various aspects of the surrounding world is a challenge even for the artist himself.
AUTHOR‘S AND COLLECTIVE EXHIBITIONS
- Innsbruck Gallery, Austria
- Meisl Gallery, Tyrol, Austria
- Raiffeisenbank Exhibition Centre, Vienna, Austria
- Cultural Centre, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
- ARTisti & Co, Vienna, Austria
- ARTisti & Co, Prague, Czech Republic
- ARTisti & Co, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
- Orchard Gallery, Ostrava, Czech Republic